Shaved Summer Squash, Pesto and Fettuccine
- 2 small green zucchini
- 2 small yellow squash
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 ½ cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 medium cloves garlic
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup freshly grated pecorino cheese
- 12 ounces fresh fettuccine
Shave summer squash and zucchini into thin ribbons using a mandoline or a vegetable peeler. Place ribbons in a large bowl.
Combine the basil, garlic, and pine nuts in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add olive oil and process until fully incorporated and smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Add pesto to shaved squash.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat and cook the fresh fettuccine pasta until just tender, about 3 to 5 minutes. Drain the pasta. Add pasta to bowl with pesto and squash and gently combine together.