Shrimp, Quinoa, Baby Spinach and Cucumber Salad
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 Tbsp lemon juice
- 4 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 2 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 1 cup thinly sliced radish
1. Combine 1 ½ cups water, quinoa, and ¼ tsp salt in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 12 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and quinoa is tender. Cool to room temperature.
2. Bring a large saucepan filled with lightly salted water to a boil. Add the shrimp to the boiling water. Cook for 1 - 3 minutes or until the shrimp are opaque. Drain and rinse shrimp in a colander under cold running water.
3. Combine remaining ¼ tsp salt, pepper, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, and dill in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add quinoa, shrimp, spinach, cucumber and radishes, and toss gently to combine.